and share the costs with others
Health Sharing Ministries are organizations in which health care costs are shared amongst members who have common ethical or religious beliefs. Health Sharing is NOT insurance as it does not guarantee coverage and limits what is covered. Health Sharing is a great fit for healthy people and provides national coverage. Health Sharing programs are not created equal and each program functions differently, ranging from reimbursement based programs to plans similar to traditional insurance with membership cards and provider networks. Pricing is not based on income.
Medi-Share – Highest Recommended
Established in 1993 under Christian Care Ministry, Medi-Share is an affordable alternative to health insurance. As a Christian community that believes in a Biblical lifestyle, Medi-Share members agree to share each other’s Eligible Medical Bills according to Member-Voted Guidelines.
Benefits of Medi-Share:
- ACA exempt – can enroll any time of the year
- Membership Card – not a reimbursement based plan
- National Provider Network – PHCS
- Dental/Vision/Prescription Discount Services
- Telehealth Access 24/7 for free
- One annual physical and two (2) screening labs (HbA1c & Lipid Panel) per member
- Telemental Health
- Great plan for Children only